Now they had gone on far into the Lone-lands, where there were no people left, no inns, and the roads grew steadily worse. Not far ahead were dreary hills, rising higher and higher, dark with trees. On some of them were old castles with an evil look, as if they had been built by wicked people.
- A Troll-Hole, If Ever There Was One and Kings of Little Kingdoms are relatively self-contained adventures, but still hint at a growing danger.
- Messing About In Boats involves directly one member of the Company, in an unexpected way!
- Not To Strike Without Need and Wonder of the Northern World follow the slow infiltration of spies of the Enemy.
- The Quest of Amon Guruthos challenges the heroes to battle an ancient evil.
- All the adventures in the expansion assume that the time frame is the years around 2965.