The Ruins of Symbaroum Gamemaster’s Guide provides tools and guidelines for running the game, developing the setting and creating your own adventures. The content may be summarized as follows:
- Gamemaster’s Rules – on Ability Checks, Combat and Challenge Ratings, Time Within the Game, and Shadow and Corruption.
- The Setting – describes three settlements central to the setting: Thistle Hold, the town of explorers and treasure hunters; Yndaros, the capital city of the kingdom of Ambria; and Karvosti, the cliff of the barbarian High Chieftain deep inside the forest of Davokar.
Running Ruins of Symbaroum
- Building Game Worlds – guidelines on how to understand and develop the specific game world of Symbaroum.
- Adventures and Landscapes – instructions on creating adventures and adventure landscapes where the PCs dictate the course and outcome of the story.
- Chronicles – tips on how to design an adventure chronicle (also called campaign or adventure path) set in the world of Symbaroum.
- Magical Items and Artifacts – a huge number of mystical artifacts that all come with ready-made adventure hooks, as well as guidelines on how to create mystical artifacts of your own.
- Troupe Play in Symbaroum
- Adventures in the Underworld, Yonderwold, and Spirit World
- Advanced Traps
- Pitched Battles
- PC-owned estates and domains
- Forest expeditions of different types
- Ceremonial Magic
- And more