Investigators, ready yourselves. Candela Obscura needs you!
The Candela Obscura Core Rulebook is a fully detailed guide on playing and gamemastering the collaborative investigative horror tabletop roleplaying game. As an investigator of the paranormal secret society Candela Obscura, you and your circle are charged with exploring, fighting, and protecting the people of Newfaire from supernatural dangers lurking in the folds of a bustling world unaware of the occult magick simmering beneath. Candela Obscura is the very first game to use the Illuminated Worlds System as well as the first full RPG from Darrington Press, as featured in the ongoing anthology series on Critical Role.
Inside of the Candela Obscura Core Rulebook you’ll discover:
- 204 detailed pages, with a satin ribbon to keep your place.
- The core rules to play and create your Candela Obscura investigators and their circles.
- Over 90 pages detailing the turn of the century-inspired setting of the Fairelands, and in detail the city of Newfaire and the ancient ruins beneath known as Oldfaire.
- 4 full example assignments for gamemasters to dive in with their players.
- Over 30 example assignments to explore far-flung corners of the Fairelands and the organizations and people operating within it.
- An extensive guide to preparing for and gamemastering Candela Obscura.
- Immersive, in-world ephemera and notes strewn throughout the chapters—illustrations, sketches, research notes, correspondences, advertisements, maps, and more to bring the Fairelands to life.