Valiant Quest is a combat-oriented roleplaying game of high adventure and peril. The players take on the role of one or more adventurers and embark upon dangerous quests to obtain gold and build their legends.
Valiant Quest has a deep, strategic combat system filled with tension and drama. The game is deeply concerned with spacing and best played with miniatures and a grid.
A challenging mixture of roleplaying game and wargame, even basic encounters in Valiant Quest will often put you in positions where the best move is unclear. As you progress, not only will your characters improve (provided they live), but your own skills will grow too.
You are not owed a story in Valiant Quest, and the Game Mistress is as much an adversary as she is an impartial referee. If you wish to be a hero you will need to be clever, lucky, and when the time calls for it… valiant!
- 16 unique classes! over 50 talents to customize your hero! over 100 spells to cast! 60 fearsome monsters to battle!
- Fight deep tactical battles filled with character, cunning, peril, and heart. Combat is made up of several layers of push-your-luck mechanics. There are always ways you can court disaster for an advantage!
- Character progression that keeps you in the moment. Enjoy all the depth of games with dozens of abilities and features without needing to plan builds months in advance!
- Campaign procedures create a world you can explore freely with no preparation. Take care not to neglect the forces of evil, as villainous factions enact their will upon the map with each passing week!
- 25+ pages of optional rules and tips for how to expand Valiant Quest to your heart's content! Including rules for weapons becoming legendary through use, familiars who will assist you in battle, customizing monsters, changing the item list to reflect a different setting, and critical injuries and prosthesis.